Sunday, May 20, 2007

The onset of summer holiday

Fifteen weeks of summer holiday is pretty long, but time flies like an arrow if one doesn't weigh it carefully. One week has been passed and what have I done? I asked myself. Well, I went to the biggest book sales of the year in State College, gathered together with my language partner who will soon move to Texas for goods, attend a training course and a friend's birthday party, and did a little of preparation for summer ESL classes. I think in overall I have gained something for everything that I did in the past week. First, I got few inexpensive books from the book sales. Second, I attend a really good training course which was given by a well-known professor from San Francisco State University. I admired her vigor in doing education works while she is fighting the stubborn disease -- Cancer. Then, in the farewell party with my language partner, I got a new language partner who is her good friend. Last but not least, I learned to play Bridge, a card game, in the birthday party (no money was involved in the game, so it was not gambling ... hihi). That's all I did in the past week and I am looking forward to a productive new week.

No comments: