Thursday, January 03, 2008

Secret of life...

Suddenly I have an impulse want to quote some sentences from the book that I currently read -- "One Minute For Myself" by Spencer Johnson.

"I don't like it when other people feel I don't live up to their expectations of me. So I avoid setting myself up with rigid expectations and comparing me to what I think ought to be. When I am disappointed in myself, it is usually because I didn't get what I demanded of me."

"Now I simply appreciate what happens instead of comparing to what I think ought to happen. I've learned that my personal pain comes from the difference between what is happening and what I think ought to be happening."

"So if I let go of what I think is missing from the fantasy and appreciate what is already good about the reality, I'll be happier."

No comments: