Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Waiting

This morning after hubby left home at about 8:30, I was getting worried and my heart was beating faster. Time passed so slow; I didn't know what to do. Took the cellphone out of the room, turned the sound louder, and put it on the table near to me. Then, I decided to do laundry. Collecting all the clothes and without forgetting to bring along the cellphone, I went down to the laundry room, which located at the basement of the building. When I came back to my apartment, I put the cellphone back on the table again. I sat at the table and started reading a book, although I knew that my mind was a millon miles away. "Ring! Ring!" My phone rang at 11:30a.m and the words "Hubby Office" appeared on the screen.

"Hello, hubby, how's everything?"
"I passed."

His answer allayed my worried and anxiety immediately. I am so happy. My husband passed his candidacy exam. He is a PhD candidate now.

**********
At home, hubby shared with me his experience when answering the questions that asking by four professors from Geography Department. I found two questions asking by a Physical Geography professor were rather interested. Following are that two questions and answers:-
  1. Which mammal exists only in one place in the world?
  2. Why there are same species of plants exist in Chile, South Africa, and Australia?
Answer 1 is marsupial mammals in Australia -- Kangaroo.
Answer 2
is few millions years ago, these three places were connected at one point, and because of the tectonic plate movement that caused the lithosphere of the earth was divided into a small number of plates which float and travel independently over the mantle.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
it is the courage to continue that counts.

~ Winston Churchill ~

3 comments:

vino said...

hey fren,

Can understand how nervous you two are when waiting for the result.. hehhe. I m happy for you two and all the best and kam ba de!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation....finally all the hardwork is paying off...im so happy for both of you. From the question they asked, i have a feeling like studying in US is not easy, seems like you have to know almost everything....wish you guys all the best...take care

meier said...

Vino & SuBee,

Danke schön! - Thank you!
Both of you care me most and know me well. I want to share my happiness with you two :)